CPT/HCPCS Calendar Year 2023 Updates
9:00 – 11:00 A.M. Central time
$225 per person | Non-Members Registration Fee: $350 per person
A recording of the webinar will be provided by the host, the Louisiana Hospital Association Management Corporation.
HIM coders, CDI staff, case managers, documentation improvement staff, risk coders, and physician office staff.
The presenter will address updates to Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) for calendar year (CY) 2023. Participants will learn needed information for hospitals to update their chargemaster based on CY 2023 outpatient and physicians fee schedules.
- Evaluation & Management
- Editorial Changes in the 2023 CPT Code Set
- A New Appendix Added with a Taxonomy
- New Technology
- Modifier 93 Starting Jan. 1, 2023
- Category III Codes
- Identify resources for new, revised, and deleted codes.
- Identify resources for updated reimbursement methodologies.
- Identify provider specialties for information to be distributed.
- Determine elements to validate in the EHR and predictive coding.
- Identify key issues for documentation improvement education for providers.
MEET YOUR FACULTY:
Jean Ann Hartzell-Minzey, RHIA, CHA, CPC, CEO & Chair of the Board
Healthcare Education Strategies, Inc. (HES)
Hartzell-Minzey actively develops systems and innovative programs for healthcare leaders and trainers. Her approach to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS reflects her clinical knowledge and her knowledge of reimbursement methodologies. Hartzell-Minzey implemented one of the first DRG systems in the country and as part of the implementation educated 280 members of the medical staff, one-on-one. The same issues are relevant today in ICD-10. Hartzell-Minzey’s sessions not only provided the building blocks to transition to ICD-10 but also help to decrease Recovery Audit Contractor exposure. She looks at ICD-10 training in a purposeful and practical way with the goal of providing functional education to achieve measurable improvement.