The Joint Commission Life Safety Standards; Based on the 2012 Education of the Life Safety Code
NDHA is an approved provider of continuing education by the North Dakota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
9:00 – 11:00 AM Central time
Registration fee is $175 per NDHA member hospital – no limit on the number of individual connections.
This webinar will cover recent changes, areas of focus, and trouble spots regarding the Joint Commission Life Safety Standards that are based on the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code – 2012 Edition. This presentation is also applicable to hospitals that are accredited by DNV Healthcare that also enforces the Life Safety Code – 2012 Edition. In addition, the presenter will review requirements regarding Interim Life Safety Measures, recent changes, and areas of focus regarding the Life Safety Code Healthcare Occupancy requirements.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Review current requirements regarding Statement of Conditions and Life Safety Code assessment;
- Explain when interim life safety measures are required;
- Summarize requirements regarding use of GFCI electric outlets;
- Summarize requirements regarding sprinkler heads;
- Summarize requirements regarding corridors being kept clear and when items can be located in the corridor;
- Discuss requirements for sleeping and non-sleeping patient care suites; and
- Describe when a risk assessment of an operating room as a wet procedure location is required.
MEET YOUR FACULTY:
Fred J. Osborne, P.E., has more than 35 years of national healthcare consulting experience and has served as a clinical faculty member with the Joint Commission. He is president of Osborne Engineering, Inc., located in Wilmette, Illinois. He has consulted with hundreds of hospitals and has clients in more than forty-seven states. He regularly teaches seminars and consults with hospitals and other healthcare organizations on issues pertaining to the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Management.